inspired by the recent article featured on nytimes.com profiling the lovely jennilyn from yogadork, "yoga's serious. except when it's not, " i write this post today.
i would like to propose coining a new hashtag for twitter - #yogatard to categorize moments on the mat that are silly, perhaps embarassing or just awkward, so that your tweeting kula can share in the laughs and makes you feel semi-normal knowing that these things happen to all yogis.
examples of being a #yogatard:
- fartasana - this one is pretty self-explanatory
- wobblasana - falling over in balancing poses or just in general
- divasana - freestlying in class, being a diva and choosing your own pose (whether that be on purpose, or accidentally)
- snorasana - not only falling asleep in svasana, but snoring during it
- solomasana - omming too long; you know, when you stop and realize you are the only one still omming
- munchiasana - post yoga munchies
disclaimer: #yogatard does not poke fun at physically or mentally disabled persons, rather it is just a suggested way of describing less-than-graceful moments on your yoga mat.