yogi tea recipe
3 1/2 gallon water
1/2 cup cardamom pods
1/3 cup whole cloves
1/2 lb. gingerroot, thinly sliced
15 cinnamon sticks
4 black tea bags
1 gallon milk
- bring water to boil in a 5 gallon pot.
- add cloves & let dance for 1-2 minutes. (love that they say let dance!)
- add cardamom, cloves, ginger & cinnamon.
- cover & simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- add black tea & milk.
- bring to boiling point & immediately remove from heat.
- allow to stand, unstrained, until almost time to serve (this will increase potency of tea & most spices will settle to the bottom).
- sweeten with honey or maple syrup if desired.