dear bendy yogi,
the cleaning of my yoga mat has been well overdue for a looooooong time (check out the pic if you don't believe me, you can probably make out a 'dirt angel' if you look). in the midst of my spring cleaning this past weekend i decided to add cleaning my yoga mat to my list of things to do [read: clean].
i, obviously, opted for the deep cleaning & restoration option, which instructed me to:
- spray the mat directly with the solution.
- let it soak for 3 minutes.
- follow with a wet cloth & work it into a lather.
- rinse, wipe & air dry.
- repeat if necessary.
sound familiar?show 'mat' some respect & commit to a cleanliness routine, after all it is a basic yoga sutra.
here are some options (now you have no excuse):
- a diy recipe - you'll need a spray bottle, water, & a few drops of the essential oil tea tree & lavender.
- dwell smartly on the go - not feeling crafty? get samatharoma yoga mat cleaner. it's all natural so you can use it to spritz your mat (& yourself) after a sweaty practice. it kills the nasties with essential oils of tea tree, lavender, pine, eucalyptus & geranium.
- the mat-er cleanse - cleansing is good for the body & the mat. when do you need more than just a spritz to wipe off the yoga wounds you inflicted on dear 'mat' try kulae organic yoga mat cleaner it's natural cleansing powers & citrus scent get you back to sauchat. hey, if twisty twin can do it, so can you!