no, that's not a typo, i did mean salad jar - not bar. recently, i've been thinking on new ways to travel lighter and still eat healthy when i'm at the office or out and about running to teach/take yoga classes. enter my beloved glass jars (this one in the pic happens to be from coconut oil).
today i made a new salad using anything and everything that i could salvage in my kitchen (read: i need to go grocery shopping desperately) and then i put it in a jar as my takeout container du jour.
today's lunchtime salad:
- 2 tiny heads of baby bok choy (rinsed well, then chopped)
- a handful of sliced almonds
- 1 ear of fresh corn (removed from the cob)
- 1 clementine (peeled, separated, cut in halves)
- 5 sugar snap peas (chopped)
- about 1 tablespoon of onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger (grated)
- a spring of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
as you might have guessed, i am not really into precise measuring when it comes to cooking. instead i view my recipes like a craft project where i work in layers until i get the desired yum-factor... but these guesstimated measurements should set you in the right direction.
overall it was tasty, i was pleased and the jar didn't leak in my purse (or rather body bag that i schlep to/fro) and it was an interesting lunchtime topic at the office. yay for re-using!